-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joe DeSouza
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 3:42 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Enhancement: Sync search database...

**
I wonder if an enhancement of this nature is possible..

Sometimes after an exercise of patching an application after bug fixing
or an enhancement of an existing Remedy application where you have
already undergone the process of syncronizing the search database prior
to an enhancement, to reflect these changes to show up in the Related
Workflow, we have to re-run the Sync Search Database.

I wonder how hard it would be to enhance this feature where the Remedy
Administrator has the capability to 'highlight' a form where the changes
have taken place, and to run the Sync Search Database operation on only
the affected forms..

It would not just significantly save time but also spare the database
and the AR Server the hit it experiences during this operation.

Just a thought that occurs to me everytime I run this operation when I
know the update I would get after the operation would actually affect
only a single form or a few forms... Today I ran this operation when the
only change I had done since the previous run was adding a new form
which had only 15 active links on it and another active link related to
this form from another calling form..

If such a feature was available, this operation might have taken not
more than 10 minutes or so while it took me nearly 3.5 hours with its
current design...

I wonder if this is already on the plate for a forthcoming AR Server
version or a patch??

Cheers

Joe D'Souza
Remedy Developer / Consultant,