I am in the middle of this. Here is what I did (based on a thing I found on
Communities). You have to set a checksum value in the data stream the first
time you call AD. Then the second time you can do a DB call to the table you
are using (I have a staging form) and filter out the ones that already exist
based on that same checksum value. If there is no checksum difference, it gets
passed to Dummy, otherwise it goes through to the AROutput step.

Not quite done with testing it, but it seems to be doing what I need.