Think of AWS as a virtual data center that just isn't on premise. Any
infrastructure you build there, you own, including security, performance
etc... so it's the same as doing an on prem install.. you're just building
the servers on AWS. Remedy as the app itself is not built to take advantage
of a lot of the features that AWS offers as far as auto scaling etc... but
you may be able to leverage that when setting up the web server layers.
RoD is simply SaaS so you are bound by BMC's change control policies.
They are there so you don't screw with core infrastructure and direct DB
access as BMC is on the hook to provide uptime. In fact the only SLA BMC
has with the customer is for uptime so they take it very seriously.
If you plan to move to Smartit and MyIT, RoD makes sense. If you have
custom apps where you've written optimal code, you can run it by BMC but
prob easier to just deploy in AWS. At the very least you can take advantage
of AWS's DR capabilities by hosting it out of their Virginia and Oregon
data centers.