I used to use psexec as someone suggested to execute programs on another
server.  When we upgraded to ARS 9.x, that stopped working.  It has
something to do with java security.  I was able to get it to work by using
a powershell script to call the remote executable.
I don't know if you can use that to call something on a unix server though.
 I am using it to call an exe on another windows box.
I have two functions in my powershell script.  One calls the remote exe and
waits for a response, the other calls the remote exe and doesn't wait for a
response.

James