Earlier this year, TE Connectivity decided to outsource the Global IT
group.  After 20 years I am in the process of looking for a new employer.

I spent my first 15 years at TE working with the Remedy Action Request
System building custom applications.  Tasks performed included day to day
maintenance of ARS on Solaris servers, rebuilding a custom helpdesk
application to use enhanced filters and active links while removing
dependencies on ARS perl, moving ARS from Solaris servers to Windows
servers, ARS upgrades, and license monitoring.  Also included was general
troubleshooting to understand bugs introduced with new versions of ARS,
bugs coded in the workflow, and performance related issues with the Oracle
engine.  Custom applications included:

   - Expanding US centric Helpdesk to perform in a global setting
   - Creation of an Equipment List and integration with external data
   sources
   - Creation of workflow to monitor Fixed/Floating license usage and
   reduce system costs with appropriate license allocation
   - Creation of custom email reports using HTML tables
   - Replacing an Access based Telecommunication Charge back system with
   ARS workflow
   - Processes to validate and load Telecommunication charges from
   different vendors using digitl files into the charge back system
   - Creation of health check for out/in bound email.  Used to monitor
   health of ARS email engine as well as email servers

The last 5 years at TE, I worked with proxy servers and Aternity End User
Experience software.  Internet access issues and application performance
issues expanded my experience and knowledge of networks.  In the process of
addressing issues we would need to troubleshoot everything from the client
to the destination server including DNS, routing, and firewall as well as
proxy rules.  Troubleshooting techniques including log file analysis and
data capture using tools such as WireShark and HTTPWatch.

Please contact me off list for additional information concerning positions
you may have available.

Thank you

Dave Shellman