Where do filters fire in a server group and can this be controlled?  I'm
assuming they fire on the server the user is attached to at the time.  What
about when an escalation triggers a filter.  Does the filter fire on the same
server as the escalation, which could then be controlled in the server ranking
form.  I never gave much thought to this.  I'm sure some basic logging will
give me the answer.  However, looking to see if anyone has experience with this
in a server group.  This is looking at performance enhancements to integrations
and data imports that could have a lot of updates, which could definitely
impact the system(s).  This seems to have more of an impact at the application
layer rather than the database layer.

One scenario I am looking at now is that 1 million records are imported into
the system that may update multiple records throughout the system based on
various conditions.  If I fire the filters on import, the import could take a
long time.  If I surpress the filters then the import runs fairly quickly given
the number of records somewhere around an hour for 1 million records.  I could
hold off on firing the filters until a time when utilization is low in order to
have minimal impact on users.  On import a record could say I need to update
Bob, Sue, Kim, and Steve with the information or any combination.  I'm sure an
option is to have Bob as the keeper of info and have the others periodically
check in  with Bob through escalations in order to minimize filter firing.  It
still leaves me wondering were do filters fire and can this be controlled.
I've always stay cleared of too many escalations.  However, when your dealing
with large data does it make sense to chunk it into buckets using escalations
instead of running filters?

Thanks

Brian

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this e-mail and its attachments
contain confidential information belonging to the sender, which is legally
privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the recipient(s)
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or action in reliance upon the contents of
the information transmitted is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
information in error, please delete it immediately.