From: ARSList [mailto:arslist-boun...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of LJ LongWing
Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2018 9:51 PM
To: ARSList
Subject: Re: How does Non-Unicode AR Server handle AREA LDAP authentication
having unicode characters in CN ?

Radhika,
Ultimately the only thing that matters is the login name, so the CN in AD
shouldn't matter, but apparently, everyone else is working but the unicode ones
aren't?...if that's the case you may be dealing with a defect in the AREA
plugin....unfortunately for you, the version that you are on is no longer
supported from a 'code fix' perspective....so I'm not sure you are going to be
able to get this working without doing either data cleanup to remove all of the
unicode characters, or potentially converting to unicode
yourself....unfortunately, if the problem is in the area plugin in relation to
unicode, converting to unicode for Remedy might not help you out...

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 7:34 AM, Narayanan, Radhika