>From your description, as long as nothing else but the Filter that calls the
>Run Process is executed on Submit then the record in your staging form should
>still be there.

This is the same methodology we use for all of our external interfaces.

-          External system inserts record in Interface/Staging form as "New"
(Usually thru a web service)

-          On Submit filter does Run Process action to call external utility to
change status to "Ready".  (This filter should not have the `! )

-          Filters to process data run on Modify/Merge when status is "Ready"
(and when complete set status to "Complete")

If there is an error in processing the data the Interface/Staging record is
still there as "New".  The other main reason we use this method is if we are
working with a complex web service call (with child forms), this will allow the
AR System to save the child records (in the phase 2 of the web service process
from the external system) so they are available when we go to process the data.

Fred