Going back to the original description, an archive system that is queried a
couple of times a year, I would agree with LJ LongWing that a good fit is
to approach this from the database side and switch your Remedy queries to
database queries. If you can keep the entire database intact that would be
the easiest method. While Remedy is still up I would recommend taking a
list of the queries you have run over the past years and take some time
learning to duplicate them with direct database queries, in particular
noting relationships that are relevant (ticket to work info, tasks, etc) so
that you can access all the data your users require easily. If you have a
separate reporting solution, you could take the most common queries and
create reports based on them to make things easier, perhaps even to the
point of publishing the reports with dynamic parameters like Start and End
dates so that users can run the reports themselves when they need the
information. Or some basic scripting in a handy language you use at your
company could do the same job with a web form that runs a set of canned
database queries.

Attachments would be an extra challenge. If your archive queries include
pulling attached files from old tickets then you'll need to learn how to
translate the B/CLOB data to recreate the file. Again, there's info on how
to do this and could probably be automated without too much trouble.

If you can't keep the entire database and have to work off a smaller set of
data, then I would approach this like a regular Remedy archive project -
review the forms and data, determine which are necessary and what their
relationships are and then export them to a simpler solution (another
database, flat file, etc).

*Kelly Logan* | *Senior Consultant*
313-651-7169 | kelly.lo...@raptek.com

*RAPID* Technologies