Yes, truly sad news.

I met Doug in 2004 at the Washington DC RUG conference and was impressed by
his charisma and passion for his work, I remember taking some pictures with
him at the event, he was welcoming people and asking them to tag their
names on a panel where it had the names of all participants (or almost all)
as background.
I also remember playing some video game with him at one of the parties of
this event and it really struck me because it was so nice to meet the
person who created the tool I was working on and that he was so friendly
and charismatic.
I met him again other times by the years, some meetings and other
ARS-related events. It certainly had some influence on my career.

Regards,

Tales.

Em 2 de outubro de 2019 às 18:46:31, arsl...@danielbloom.ca (