  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of strauss
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 7:29 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: AR System version numbers

**
What we _REALLY_ need is a crosswalk between the version numbers and the
patches... i.e., if you have installed ITSM application x 7.02 then is that
equal to application x 7.01 Patch 003 ??? It appears that the incremental
application releases are only useful for new installs, especially since you
are tied to patch installs _only_ once you have invested any time whatsoever
in configuring the application(s). Since there is no way to snapshot your
configuration data and restore it to a newer application version
installation, the only thing you can do after configuring is patch. We will
need a clear understanding of what application version level we are up to
after each patch, since there seems to be a disconnect between current
application releases and patch releases.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Remedy Database Administrator
University of North Texas Computing Center
http://remedy.unt.edu/helpdesk/

  _____