Very good suggestion.

________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Easter, David
Sent: 10 January 2007 02:28
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Floating license issuse.

**
> and have some active link attached to this form which calls the
> PERFORM-ACTION-EXIT-APP on Window Close?

Your workaround for the mid-tier should be working - i.e. , an active link tied
to Window Close and putting that active link on all the forms that your users
have access to.

1.      At design time create a list of forms (such as console forms etc) which
when closed should trigger automatic logout and hence release the floating
license.
2.      For each of the above forms create an active link as follows

        a.      Execute On condition = Window Close
        b.      If Action: Run Process command PERFROM-ACTION-EXIT-APP
        c.      Make sure that all the required users have appropriate
permissions to this active link and mid-tier cache is flushed to make the
changes effective.

With this workaround, when a user closes a browser window (e.g. with the 'X')
in these forms, the above active link will logout the user and release the
floating user license.

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager, Service Management Business Unit
BMC Software, Inc.