This can be done in the Admin tool.
Open the Form, double click on the field, switch to Database tab and make
the change. This does not make any changes to your database from an index
stand point.

However, this could hurt your performance. If the field is indexed and was
Leading match and now you are going to be sending queries that are Anywhere
match the database may struggle returning the results.