Matt,

As long as the Perl script is an ARSPerl script and it using Remedy's
API. Then I would think it should be as "good" as using the admin tool
to get the job done. ( But my local ARSPerl docs do not show a
"createField" option. Hum...)

If the ARSPerl part it the part that really is the worry for you, then
you could opt to do something with the Driver Program too.  But be
warned, it likely will be a harder road to get everything right.

Or you could ( if you prefer Java) write a bit of Java API code to do
this work. ( Which I have done, but am not sure I can share the code
with you. :(  )

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)