From: James Pifer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 10:36:55 AM
Subject: [ARSLIST] How much RAM for v7?

I'm putting together a new server to install(upgrade to) v7. My current
server is running Win2K and has 3 GB of RAM. If I look at available
memory there's 2 GB of physical memory available. The current server is
ARS 6.x/Helpdesk 4.03 and running MidTier on IIS.

Our database is Oracle but located on another server. With the new
server I'm also switching to linux and besides Helpdesk, it will also
run MidTier.

I was thinking about getting 4GB of RAM, but looking at my current box
that looks like over kill.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
James