The potential of going to ITSM 7 throws a big problem at them since Tier 1 is
now the action and it is neccessary to review all of your CTIs to meet the new
structure.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:40 AM
Subject: Re: How do others handle CTI and Assignment requests?

**
You are absolutely correct about the user's losing that battle!  We used to
have a very difficult time getting folks to find and utilize the correct CTI's
and assignments.

We've added a small bit of workflow to all of our apps and named it "Support
Search" which searches assignment.  Any user can launch it and choose to search
the structure by the support resource (last name), or by a portion of the Type
or Item.  This has become much more utilized than actually scanning the tree
and has helped out immensely in getting the assignments correct.  Our support
teams are big fans and it makes things much simpler for them, and therefore
me:)!