From: Tony Worthington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2007 8:14:36 AM
Subject: Warning ... SLM 7.0.2 install w/o collector - SOLUTION

Here's the solution (from support.)  Guess I should have paid better
attention to the release notes.  :-/  Granted, I have not yet tried
this... we'll see.

"There is an 'overwrite install option' in the release notes for SLM
7.0.02. This overwrite allows you to re-install SLM on top of an existing
install. Please check out page 11 and 12 of the SLM 7.0.02 release notes
(not the install guide) for details about the overwrite install.    There
are some steps and post-install checks mentioned in that section. You  can
use this to reinstall on your existing installation of SLM, and this time
around you can also select the collector option.

Also, when you do an overwrite, you will not lose any of your existing SLM
data or Service Targets that you've already created.  Data does not get
deleted.   You can retrieve the release notes for SLM 7.0.2 from the
supportweb > Downloads area."

-tony

--
Tony Worthington