Create a Control panel (display only) from which they can run their query.

Give them a field to specify their query in.

Give them a field to specify the number of results.

I believe the macro could do all of the first two steps, and have their
macro do a submit, pushing these values to those fields.

Create a hidden table field.

Populate the table field with the results of their query on submit.

Next, you want to populate the table field, sorting it so you get the most
recent tickets at the top.

Use an active link guide to table loop through the table until you reach the
n'th ticket, incrementing a counter each time the AL Guide looped.

Once you hit the n'th ticket, capture that record id, grab the query the
original user put in the query bar, append AND 'Request ID' >= $Nth_Record$,
then do a window-open of the original schema, and populate with that query,
and close the Control panel.

It's a lot of work, but I think it would work and would be the most dynamic
solution, and suffice with the original request of using a macro.

However, I didn't try the above, so you might run into some weird issue
(very likely).

Additionally, this might be off by like 1 or 2 tickets if a ticket is
submitted between the time the table field is populated and the time the
window is opened. This would cause you to display extra tickets, so like 51
instead of 50, it just depends a lot on the load of your system.

  _____