I would like to try and gain an understanding of the mechanics behind the
Cross Ref Blank Password Windows NT login validation feature.  Please note
that I am not asking for an explanation of how to implement the feature
(we've been using it for some time) but rather how it actually works - what
goes on behind the scenes.

Since we are talking about users' network login passwords, I feel obligated
to be able ensure those same users that the security of said passwords is
not being violated in some way through their use by Remedy, and until I
fully understand how password validation is accomplished, I can't provide
that assurance.

Thanks in advance,

Jim.