Hope some of this info proves at least a little helpful.

Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 16:57:26 +0100From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: RE : Re: Cannot
start serverTo: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I dont know much about sybase but shouldnt it be slihgtly similar to MS SQL
server?

1. If I had this problem I would first check if the sybase server is up and
running. Is this on a unix box? you can try

ps -leaf | grep dataserver
or
ps -leaf | grep -e grep | grep sybase

2. i will also try and connect using isql client:

I guess it should be something similar to

3. You might get some usefull information if you set the debug log level in
your remedy config (ar.conf) file and start the server again. there is a flag
Debug-Level or something similar which you have to set to a value (which I cant
recall) but you can find it in the PDF manuals either performance and
troubleshooting or configuration ...

I would also try and run a truss command, this should show all the OS system
calls.

truss -f -a -d -e -r all -w all -o truss.out

this command will generate a lots of information so make sure you are writing
your truss.out where there is enough disk space ..

Not sure if any of this will help but its worth trying.

good luck

Mohan Panchangmath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :
**

Hi Janet,
You can also check if the sql server is really running or not by checking the
component services.
You can even try restarting the sql server.
Thanks,
Mohan
----- Original Message ----From: "Mahan, Janet L [EQ]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]: Sunday, January 21, 2007 12:26:14 AMSubject: Re: Cannot
start server**

The SQL server is on the same box and appears to be up and running.  I don’t
have a lot of Sybase knowledge but I could login –isql and use the ARSystem db
and see the tables.

Janet Mahan NSM Systems Admin II EMBARQ
Voice: 941-766-6199  |  Wireless: 321-356-0128  |  Fax: 941-766-6199 Email:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Telecommuter - Florida Mailstop: FLPTCA0101
Voice | Data | Internet | Wireless | Entertainment
This e-mail is the property of EMBARQ and may contain confidential and
privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review,
use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please
contact the sender and delete all copies of the message.

-----Original Message-----From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Warren BaltimoreSent: 21 January, 2007
12:23 AMTo: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Re: Cannot start server

**

Janet, I'm pretty sure that the problem is it can't contact your SQL Server.
Is the SQL server on a seperate box?  Is it up and running?

Warren