-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Carey Matthew Black
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 10:55 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: BMC Support Web Site Performance

Carina,

I understand your experiences. (and I have been there too.)

However, let me, for a moment point out that being a customer is a
type of relationship. If we truly give up on them, then they will also
not learn/improve because of what we know.

All,

Let me pick on Carina's sample ticket for a second. I know it takes
more time and effort, but if you found something that was "wrong" or
"unclear" in the docs that caused you some delay/problem then you
should FIGHT with support to get the docs fixed. I understand it does
nothing but consume your time, especially when you already know the
right answer. However, if you can get them to improve (their docs,
their processes, etc.) then the next poor sole that stumbles into that
same problem might be helped faster or better too. And eventually, I
hope, BMC will see the value that we (the customer) adds to their
business and help us to help them in better and more efficient ways.

So please, let me underscore that while it does NOTHING for you
individually I think it is important for the WHOLE ARS community that
we continue to highlight, underscore and if necessary get out the
trusty "bat signal" to try to get our position understood by BMC.

The little details do matter.

The only way it (BMC Technical Support ) will improve is if we help
them to improve. In my book that means opening tickets, when
appropriate, to:
   document there poor documentation (BUGS)
   document their poor installers (BUGS)
   document their poor support  (BUGS... in the pants. :)
   document suggestions/ideas for how things can be better. (RFE's)

And to try to bring the thread back to the original topic...

I think they got a handle on whatever was their network/performance
issues sometime yesterday. (Well it worked better for me yesterday.)

I really wish they would tell us that they had a "slammer" (or other
virus, or router config goof, or whatever the root issue was) problem
and just come clean about it. I am sure we have all been there and
done that stuff too. :)

There is even a place on the "Support Overview" page for announcements
like that. (What's New in Support) Which is exactly where SYSTEM WIDE
announcements should show up. ( Like we "are having"/"had" problems..
they were bla... but they are now "being worked on"/"fixed".)

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach