Our server side has been running 5.1.2 (SQL Server, Windows), and we've been
using the same client versions.

After some issues with Crystal Reports XI release 2 (which seems to have
"issues" with continually wanting to install itself, every time the
application starts), I figured that I'd look at the v7 clients.  Downloaded,
installed, did some basic work, all seemed fine.  One of my colleagues
followed suit.

However, it turns out that password handling is different on the v7 and
5.1.2 clients.  We did a password reset for someone, but they could not sign
on, on any client.  Set to a blank password, and signon was okay.

I've just downloaded and installed the 6.3 user tool, and it works fine, so
does anyone know the major changes in the 7.0.1 user tool that would affect
its operation against a 5.1.2 server, with respect to passwords?