Hi all,

Long time no see. I have a new employer with some new challenges...

Here is my question:

How can I update the core Field "Modified Date" from another form without
displaying the "Changed-By-Another-Check" error message when someone is
editing the record. In fact, the application is an in-house service desk.
It is used to create requests and work orders. Now, the client wants me to
remove the message that the user is getting when he/she creates a work
order from the request.

When a user creates a work order, he/she creates it from the request entry.
Now, if the user save the work order, an active link Set Field (SQL) is
fired to update the "Modified Date" in the request entry. Then if the user
add something in the Request entry and save the entry he/she gets
the "Changed-By-Another-Check" error message. The user know that the
message notify him/her about is/her own change and therefore they would
like to remove this warning message.

Is there any mechanism which would allow me to remove the message for this
particular scenario? I know that I could remove the message from the
ars.conf file but this will remove the warning message for the entire
server.

Mathieu Pitre