With the DVF architecture, an interval shouldn't be necessary.  You could
write the DVP so that a character entry triggers an event.  One of the next
tasks I have for the DV Plugin Architecture I am writing is some type of
generic event handling.

http://arswiki.org/projects/dvpfw

If anyone wants to contribute to this project, let me know.

Axton Grams