I concur with Ron's assessment.  My own most recent upgrade of this type was
done on a new server (i.e. not the current production server), so the errors
were not critically impacting, but it did require some re-installs and
such.  Also know that you get an unpatched CMDB with ITSM 6 - you'll have to
factor in upgrading that to at least 1.1 patch 3, unless you want to listen
to Support constantly telling you that you need to do that.

All that being said, we have Help Desk and Change 6.0 running fine on ARS
7.0 patch 2 now.

Rick