Greg,

We have ZAM 7.5.  I am not sure if we upgraded from TS Census to ZAM 7.5
directly, or to ZAM 7.0 then 7.5 (another dept).  However, as I recall I
did not have to change any of my code to make it work with ZAM.

The method I choose took a while but has worked fine for about 2 years.
It's fast and automatic.  Here's how I did it in case it may give you
some ideas in implementing a solution in your environment:

Created several SQL Views (SQL Server 2000) that extracted the data I
wanted in the format that we needed to see in Remedy.

Created two tables, one for the computers (ie name, ip address, office,
user) and one for the computer details (ie. hardware items, software
programs, hotfixes).

Created Stored Procedures that would extract any computers that had
changed data.  The Stored Procedures would update the two tables
accordingly with the changed data.

Created a SQL Job that fires every 5 minutes during business hours and
runs these stored procedures.

Setup Transactional (real-time) Replication between ZAM and Remedy, only
for the two tables.

Created Remedy View forms into the two replicated tables that reside on
the Remedy server.

Remedy workflow retrieves and displays the data from the Remedy View
form.  Since the data is local to the Remedy server, access time is very
fast (the ZAM server and the Remedy server are about 1000 miles apart).

A few notes:

The huge data diagram pdf - the one with all the lines drawn - was what
I used to figure out how ZAM pieces everything together.  Printing it
out on paper was helpful (it's about 3 feet x 5 feet in size).

To reduce stress on the Remedy server the Replication process was setup
on the ZAM server and data is Pushed to the Remedy server.

To reduce stress on the ZAM server I run the stored procedures two ways.
The job that runs every 5 minutes only checks for data that changed
within the last 6 minutes.  The result sets are relatively small.  To
make sure nothing is missed, early every morning I run the stored
procedures with a parameter that causes all computers to be checked to
see if anything changed.

Here are a couple extra items that are not required for ZAM integration:

On screens where computers are displayed I added the option for users to
manually initiate a rescan of a computer by clicking a button.  A filter
then runs a ZAM command line utility with the selected computer's guid,
which causes ZAM to rescan the selected computer.  The new scan data
appears in Remedy within 10 minutes.

Depending upon how your ZAM system is configured a computer could be
linked to a non-employee's account. For example, in our system a
computer could be linked to an employee named "Administrator" because
the admin was on the computer when it was built or last scanned.   To
make it easy for users to link a computer to an actual employee I added
the option to update ZAM from Remedy by selecting the employee and
clicking a button.

HTH

Stephen