________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Hugo Visser
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 7:21 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Next-ID-Block-Size - Skipping Numbers

** Well, I disagree. If the server is gracefully stopped (not crashing
or some other exceptional event) I'd expect that after the next startup
the next ticket number would be just the increment of the last ticket
number. The fact that it's not...I think it's poor design. I understand
that the way it is implemented now is the easiest way to implement it in
the existing design. But for some shops that have to account for each
"missing" ticket this feature is useless.

Hugo