There is the option to set the cursor_sharing with a parameter in the
ar.conf file, and the aradmin user, by default, has the ALTER SESSION
privelage, but I can not say whether the ar.conf setting causes the sessions
created by arserver to set the cursor_sharing parameter using the alter
session privelage.

Try this:
- Set the parameter in the ar.conf file
- Have your dba's turn on sql*net trace logs
- Start arserver
- Stop arserver
- Review the logs for an alter session statement that sets the
cursor_sharing parameter

If arserver does not set this automatically based on the config setting, you
may ask your dba's to create a separate instance for Remedy so that this can
be set for the instance.  Alternatively, you can submit an RFE to BMC, but
don't hold your breath if you choose this route.

Axton Grams