From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 2:39 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Server fails to Restart w/NT Authority user

Andrew & Stephen,
Thanks for the responses. Unfortunatley, even though this is a dev box I
do
not have much in the way of access rights to the box (controlled by the
NT
Group) and getting help from them is a major pain.

To answer your previous questions, Andrew, no, no new apps and since I
didn't do the upgrade, I'm not sure of what patches may have been
applied.

And, since I don't have much in the way of rights to the db, not much I
can
do there, either. What a pain . . .

Here is the SQL log:

Feb 14 2007 13:18:50.4460 */SQL Trace Log -- ON
<SQL > <TID: 0000005704> <RPC ID: 0000000000> <Queue: Admin     >
<Client-RPC: 000000   > <USER:

> /* Wed Feb 14 2007 13:18:50.4460 */CONNECT ARSystem, USER ARAdmin
<SQL > <TID: 0000005704> <RPC ID: 0000000000> <Queue: Admin     >
<Client-RPC: 000000   > <USER:

> /* Wed Feb 14 2007 13:18:50.4780 */*** ERROR ***  Login failed for
user
'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM'. (SQL Server 18456)
<SQL > <TID: 0000005704> <RPC ID: 0000000000> <Queue: Admin     >
<Client-RPC: 000000   > <USER:

> /* Wed Feb 14 2007 13:18:50.4930 */SQL Trace Log -- OFF

This just clears up ALL of the confusion, doesn't it? :-(

Scott