________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Susan Palmer
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 11:45 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Changing field database names

**
Hi everyone,

Yes, this is a simplistic question but I don't have my dev server to
test it on right now because it's been upgraded.  I generally don't do
this but I have been requested to change about 20 fields.  It's all
right to have the field label and the field database name out of sync on
a couple of fields but that many is too many to try and remember.  It
complicates imports and reporting.

The questions are:

Can I change the database field name without causing an issue with the
data?  I'm not deleting or replacing or changing the ID.
Does a crystal report automatically pick up the field change?
Would it affect any macros that people may have created?

I appreciate any help you can provide,
Susan

Server:  ARS 5.1.2 Patch 1428
OS:  Windows NT 5.0  2CPU's 4G Memory