Another point for some 5.x environments.

We are running ESP's License Monitor Plus but not with our dev server.
Will keep an eye on it if it needs restarts and take into account the impact
on stats that it collects.  We don't have any automated license juggling
based on it to worry about.

If we aren't upgraded by Oct/Nov this stuff will raise its head again.

My Oracle DBA isn't worried about 9i patching.  It looks like the timestamp
field types are impacted and there is a timezone table after version 8.

The benefit to the hassle of patching everything, involving Unix sysadmin
and Oracle DBA and yourself, is being able to put DST to rest as an issue
and just to avoid confessing to all your customers that you aren't patched
to deal with it twice per year.

ann
A. R. Kosch
Special Projects/Analyst
Remedy ARS Administrator/Coordinator
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
785-532-4933
Kansas State University
Computing and Telecommunications Services