For some reason my record got dropped from the user cache.  So
even tho I had a record in the User form, I couldn't log in.
And the system looks at the cache for permission to run
commands, so it wouldn't let me run the "arreload" command.

Fortunately our database is a copy of an old database, so
following some offline advice from Carey Black, I used the
info in the user_cache table in the old database to do an
"insert into user_cache" command to put myself back into the
cache on the new system.  Then I could get back into the system.

I am still totally baffled on how a person could accidentally
delete himself from the cache.  I am the only person who goes
into this system, but I was editing the ar.conf file and I
don't see how that would done it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks to all who replied.

Dwayne Martin

--- Begin Message ---
Thanks, Joe. I am in the process of trying to get LDAP to
work, so LDAP could easily be part of the problem.  However, I
do have a special Remedy password, and when I go in as guest
user I see "*****" in my password field.

Could I have accidentally set it so it is trying to use LDAP
(which isn't set up yet) even tho I have entered a password?

Dwayne