Everyone,

our sandbox had a HD failure and replacing the drive did not fix it (RAID 5
array, W2K3). HP says there are read errors on two other drives and they
are sending me replacements. The server is still running but I was having
problems copying the entire Oracle database, probably due to read errors.

If I replace another drive I am going to loose all the data and several
weeks of configuration.

Do you have any recommendations as to how the configuration data would be
best preserved to minimize downtime ?

Although I would like to rebuild the server with the latest versions of
everything, it is currently used to demo ITSM 7 to the enterprise and I
cannot afford too much downtime.

I could let it run the way it is for now, but there is no guarantee the
drives won't die on me.

Rgds,

Chris