Hi everyone,

We are trying to get LDAP authentication working on a brand
new ARS 7.01 installation, Red-Hat Linux server.

All the LDAP lines in the ar.conf file is the same as in the
old system (ARS 6.3, HPUX-11 server, see below).

However when a user tries to log in he gets "ARERR [8922] The
authentication service is not responding.".  When I open the
"Configuration ARDBC" form I get, "ARERR [8760] Cannot
establish a network connection to the AR System Plug-In server
: rem2 [server name] : RPC: Program not registered."

In the old system when I do "ps -ef|grep arplugin" I get
"/opt/arhd/bin/arplugin -s bluejay [server name] -i /opt/arhd."

But in the new system I get nothing, not even after a restart.

The "arplugin" program is in the "bin" folder.  Why isn't it
starting?

Dwayne Martin
James Madison University

PS: The ar.conf file on both servers say:
AREA-LDAP-Port: 389
AREA-LDAP-Hostname: ldap.jmu.edu
AREA-LDAP-Use-Groups: 0
AREA-LDAP-UseSSL: F
AREA-LDAP-User-Base: ou=people,o=JMU
AREA-LDAP-User-Filter: uid=$\USER$
AREA-LDAP-Bind-Password: [EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED];W<g!
AREA-LDAP-Bind-User:
cn=authenticatedBrowser,ou=UtilityAccounts,o=JMU
Allow-Guest-Users: F
Plugin: /opt/remedy/bin/arealdap.so (the plugin is there)

Dwayne Martin
Computing Support
James Madison University