> However, don't you agree that Support should not use internal code
names when dealing with the customer ?

In general, yes.  However, there are times when code names are
reasonably used.  Some companies release their codenames for public
consumption (e.g. Apple MAC OS X "Leopard", Microsoft server "Longhorn",
Solaris "Nevada", etc.). So while one would typically say "The fix will
be in the next release" or "That feature is planned for the Q2'CY08
release", there are times when one is pushed for a version number - and
if the version number has not yet been determined, the code name is
used.

In this case, however, I agree that the codename was not necessary and
potentially confusing.

> Is there any way that customers can track bugs and RFEs and their
status online ?

Customers do have access to Support Central to track their own logged
incidents, defects, "CARs" and RFEs.  You can get to this via the  Issue
Management option on Support Central.  This should be working properly
for you and if it is not, please do contact your support representative.

Hope this helps,

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager, Service Management Business Unit
BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed
in this E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.
My voluntary participation in this forum is not intended to convey a
role as a spokesperson, liaison or public relations representative for
BMC Software, Inc.