Scott,

 I haven't done this particular thing, but a quick search of the keyboard
shortcut keys in the user tool shows that SHIFT-ALT-F7 will "Open a text
editor or diary editor for a text field or diary field, or open a calendar
or time control for a date or time field."  Combine that with some OLE
(http://www.buoyantsolutions.net/Download_OLE.html) and a "Gain Focus"
active link, and you should be good to go.

Thad Esser
Remedy Developer
"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours."-- Richard
Bach

"Scott Kemme" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
02/19/2007 08:45 AM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
workflow to make a text field expand box open

I have not been able to locate (probably because I'm not sure what to look
for) workflow that will force an expand box to open.

Ex: When a user moves the cursor (gain focus) to the Description field on
Change request, I would like an AL to force open the expand box so the
user
is in the editor by default.

Is this even possible?

the Answers Are"

***IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains
information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for
the entity or individual to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited.
Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally
binding signature.***