Hello all,
Since we upgraded to 6.3 I've been getting several reports from users
who say that their active directory accounts are being locked out after
a single bad password attempt, whereas in the previous version this was
not the case.  We're using the same AREA LDAP integration now that we
did before, but it seems that in 6.3 Remedy tries to contact the LDAP
server several times instead of just once.  Does anyone know of a
configuration setting that I can add that would prevent it from making
so many attempts?

I found something of use in a KB article for version 5.1.2, but it
doesn't seem to apply here...: It is recommended that users use 5.0.1
patch 1136 or higher of the client User Tool because it fixes a problem
where if the user enters in the wrong password, the unpatched version
keeps trying to login the user 5 times. Most customers have a rule set
up to lock out a users account if they try three times without entering
in the correct password. Therefore, the unpatched user tool can lock out
a user's NT account if they make one mistake on the password.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

ARS 6.3 p18
Solaris 9
Oracle 9.2