-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kyle Whitley
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 8:12 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Mid Tier Install Non Root

This is not documented in the installation docs is it?  If so could
someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Kyle

Grooms, Frederick W wrote:
I take it you are talking Unix or Linux.  Yes the Mid-Tier can be
installed non-root.   If you are running on a web server at the normal
port 80 you might require root access (or sudo rights) to restart the web server, but there is no problem doing the install as non-root.

We run Mid-Tier on Solaris Apache/Tomcat (Apache on port 80, Tomcat on
8080).   To restart Apache (after adding the Mod-jk connector) we have
sudo rights. Since Tomcat is on port 8080 we can restart it with our normal unix login.

Fred

I know the server can be installed as non root, but can the mid tier be installed as non root as well?

Thanks

Kyle

--
Kyle Whitley
IT System Support Professional

Kyle Whitley
IT System Support Professional
Office of Information and Instructional Technology (OIIT) Board of
Regents of the University System of Georgia

Are"