Thanks Patrick,

I am curious about setting the application password. How does this really help? Thanks very much for the details! Much appreciated.

Regards,

Jackson

From: patrick zandi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Email Engine Patch 21/java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no arutiljni63 in java.lib
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 21:21:54 -0500

I have found many issues with both Patch 20 and 21 -- I believe the
installer is not accepting the Values given it.. I have argued the point..
but no one seems to be listening.. which is fine.. They are on their own
(BMC).  With that said..
Here is what I think your problem is ..
#1 the install script Does not use the Supplied Variable for JAVA path.
  Fix: modify the .emaild.sh script so it knows where the JAVA path is.
#2 the install script does not use the Supplied Variable for Installation
path.
 Fix: modify the .emaild.sh script again so it know where it installed
itself.
#3 the install script does not use the supplied Application Password.
 Fix: Go to the Admintool (you will need to do this) and put in the
application password in the server.
The server did not use the variable and put it in the ar.conffile.
        Once that is accomplished, open the ar.conf and copy the password
into the EmailDaemon.properties  file.
        Under the option:
com.remedy.arsys.emaildaemon.remedy.Authentication=
        Plopp in the String, it will with VI Wrap and you will loose part
of it.. this is OK,
        Just go to the end of the line,  press a for append.. and copy and
paste the rest into the line.
        Escape.. Then delete the residual.
#5 ./emaild.sh stop
./emaild.sh start &

Voila.. as long as your AREmail config's are correct.. This works for me..

Have fun...

I am having TOTALLY different issue:::
Permissions from previous ARS 5.12 server will not migrate to the ARS
6.3P18 / P20 / P21 at all.
I have a ticket, and they have been actively working this for more than a
week.. and it looks like I am not going to make the migration it at this
point..

Oh well..