Axton,

But who is laughing?
All I hear is weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I wish that the examples were not as credible or as plentiful.

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach
Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.

On 3/8/07, Axton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
A few things:
- The defect description is informative and to the point
- The defect contains a workaround
- No login required to see the defect or workaround
- A search engine can find the information (aka Google, not an
internal kb product)

But it doesn't hold a flame next to these:
SW00261638 After applying patch 20 we now get errors when starting the
AR System.
SW00261585 User tool Hangs in ITSM 7.0.1
SW00261470 Malloc (ARERR 300) error and server terminates with signal 11
SW00261458 Need to customize the fields on table.
SW00261285 BMC Remedy Email Engine for 7.X - New features or functionality
SW00261179 arimportcmd exhibits strange behavior
SW00261817 arimportcmd exhibits strange behavior
SW00260734 ERROR [300] Malloc failed on server

I guess if I had to compare the two, the sun site/format would be the
equivelant of a newpaper; and the BMC site would be the resulting
slivers after sending that newspaper through a paper shredder.

Now the icing on the cake will be if Sun documents this a 'fixed' in
the errata/release notes when the next version is released.  That is
one thing I really don't like about the BMC patch process; I don't
know what the hell is fixed until I go a retest everything I had a
defect generated for since the last patch.

Sorry, Friday humor is coming early this week.

Axton Grams