Lisa,

I'd be careful when trying to implement the auto-tabbing feature.  All too
often, I've made a mistake when typing my number into a web page that does
that and then its not simply a backspace to fix it, I have to take my hand
off the keyboard and click in the field that needs fixing.  For a keyboard
hound like me, it just throws the whole rhythm of quick data entry off
(yes, I could do a shift-tab, but that's not the most intuitive way to do
a backspace either).  Its also not uncommon, that when I go back to the
original field to correct the typo, the web page immediately moves me to
the next field because it see the three numbers, and says "okay, time to
move to the next field".  Its annoying and frustrating.  Just a word of
caution about what you are trying to do.

One thing you might try, since your phone number is split into three
fields...  Have them enter the phone number into one display-only char
field and then parse it out to your three data fields as needed.

Thad Esser
Remedy Developer
"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours."-- Richard
Bach

"Kemes, Lisa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
03/09/2007 05:43 AM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Re: Automatically Tab - Can We Do It?

**
Bummer, why don't they just click on the tab button then.   :(   Thanks
for the suggestion though, maybe that will be the solution for them.

I was thinking, what about in the mid tier?

Lisa