Bill,

You can get around this problem by adding a file to your
<midtier_install>/resources/standard/javascript/timezone directory. This
file will correspond to timezone that your mid-tier server uses.

To find that value, look the enviroment of the user the midtier/webserver is
running as or look for a line in your mid-tier logs like this:

ARERR [9357] Unsupported timezone US/Eastern (or whatever timezone your
server is set to).

If you find something like this, you will need to create the file for this
timezone. Just make a copy of an equivalent timezone file and give it an
appropriate name. For example, in our case we made a copy of
America_New_York.js and named it US_Eastern.js.

Then you do not need to create a preferece entry with a time zone setting.

This is a know error with patch 21 that tech support should share with
everone who they tell to install patch 21, but .....<shrug />.

Joe Kubasek