-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mosco, John D.
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 11:44 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Windows Vista Question

Tim,
         You can not install SQL Server 2005 on a client OS, you can
install the express version which has allot of the functionality but
like mysql has allot of limitations and very limited administrative
functionality (mostly its frustrating).

Regarding Vista,
         We are staying away from it until at least SP1 (so I hear), I
can not find any reason to move to it the only real benefit I see with
it is it is prettier which is no reason to migrate. Like NT before SP4,
2K before SP3, and XP before SP1 (or arguable SP2) it is basically not
worth it but hey if you like graphics....

(Dont get me started on Remedy)

John Mosco
W01/GS-11
IT Coordinator