  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chris Locke
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 3:54 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Reports on Midtier 6.3

**

Good afternoon, Listers...

We recently upgraded to 6.3 patch 21.  We have a load-balancing switch
with 3 web servers.  We have configured the switch to allow for session
affinity.

We also have some AR System reports that are opened with active links
on buttons (Open Window action, Window Type "Report").  When these
Active Links are executed, a new directory is created for the user on
the webserver handling the request in /opt/ar/mid-tier/reports/m11c23c11b16,

and the .arr file (AR System Report) is copied into the new directory
so the user can run the report (this is built into mid-tier functionality).

The problem is, sometimes when a user tries to run a report, the new
directory is created for the user, but the .arr file is copied to the new
directory, but with 0 bytes.  What the user sees when they click on the
button to run the report is:

    ARERR [342]
    Cannot find/open the directory file : /opt/ar/mid-
    tier/reports/m11c23c11b16/{Session ID}/{Name of Report}.arr

If we bounce ServletExec or mid-tier, this problem goes away, for a
while.  The problem seems to happen sporadically.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Thanks!
Chris Locke

it___