I think you're probably right, Shyam.  It probably wouldn't be delayed this
long unless there were some strategic concerns at play.  For my $0.02, there
are customers who have no intention of upgrading ITSM beyond v6 for the time
being, understand that there is no easy upgrade path, and yet they would
like the much improved CMDB CDM and enhanced functionality it offers for as
long as they are on ITSM 6.  If support is such a major concern (and I am
not at all saying it shouldn't be), then perhaps the white paper needs to
include caveats that "Support on this is limited to.....".  Then let the
customers decide if they have the bandwidth and expertise available to fly
pretty much solo on it, or wait until they want to upgrade ITSM.

Of course, experienced customers know that the first time or two through a
new process like this, they're pretty much finding the bugs that QA did not
anyway, and helping support to know how to navigate the minefields, so maybe
they should release this in a limited fashion to a couple of high-profile
companies that are willing to trade the extra work in return for
getting this done early.  Of course, by the time that process is finished,
it may be a completely moot point anyway, as ITSM 6 will be rolling toward
the end of the supported products line.

Rick