Ravi,

Perl has a few really useful function for this type of thing.

Open the file.
Then for each line in the file you can use the split function to take
a pipe delimited string and produce an array from it for each line.

From there you should use ARS Perl to talk to ARS. ( The exact form of
that code would depend mostly on your ARS application. The ARSPerl
source distribution comes with several examples for the ARSPerl code
work.)

Add any error trapping/testing you want to and that should be about
all that you need.

HTH.

--
Carey Matthew Black