  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Watson, Benjamin A.
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 8:42 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: ITSM6 Asset Reports failing

List,

We're testing out-of-the-box reports for assets and are getting errors from
Crystal regarding the qualification.

The particular reports are selected and run from SHR:Reporting (typically
accessed by end users via the Reports link off of the Support/Management
Consoles).

Nearly all of the asset reports in question have the following somewhere in
the base qualification set on the Report form:

'400127400' = $1711100$

Where '400127400' is the DatasetID field on BMC:BMC_AssetBase and $1711100$
is the field zTmpGlobalDataSetID on SHR:Reporting (the "control panel" where
forms are run from).

zTmpGlobalDataSetID is typically set to a string corresponding to the
currently selected Dataset (e.g. "BMC.Asset")

If I modify the report qualification to something like: '400127400' =
"BMC.Asset", the report runs fine and I get assets in that dataset.

But if I leave the report qualification as is, I see an error kicked back
from Crystal similar to this:

Error in formula  <Record_Selection>.

'{BMC_BMC_AssetBase.DatasetId} = $1711100$'

The remaining text does not appear to be part of the formula.

It appears to me that the workflow passing the qualification onto Crystal
isn't subtituting the data value in field: $1711100$, but rather passing the
field ID surrounded by dollar signs.  Anyone run into and tackled this
problem before?  We're beating our heads against the wall trying to figure
this out.

Ben

it___