Kaiser;

  There are 2 spots to change this, below is taken from the White Paper
on silent installs.

Changing the home directory

There are two name-value pairs for the home directory. The values for
the

two pairs must be identical

HomeDir= This is the response given for this prompt in the install
dialog.

sgHomeDir=This is the name of the variable in the installer.

To change the users home directory, simply replace the username value in

both name-value pairs.

Example:

HomeDir=C:\Documents and Settings\Sally\Application

Data\remedy\home

sgHomeDir=C:\Documents and Settings\Sally\Application

Data\remedy\home

10 "Silent installation of Remedy User

White Paper

Changing the value from Sally to Robert would change the above to:

HomeDir=C:\Documents and Settings\Robert\Application

Data\remedy\home

sgHomeDir=C:\Documents and Settings\Robert\Application

Data\remedy\home

Bill Clary

Remedy Developer, Tech Solutions

Fidelity Information Services

"Kaiser Norm E CIV USAF 96 CG/SCWOE" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
message
news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ds.af.mil>
<news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
mc.ds.af.mil%3e> ...

Hi everyone:

I'm trying to set up a silent install of the 6.3 Remedy User tool across

my enterprise.  I have recorded a .iss script, but I can't get the

installer to accept the location I specified for the Home folder.  I'm

trying to write the Home folder to the location C:\Documents and

Settings\All Users\Application Data\Remedy\Home, but after making this

change to the .iss file and re-running the silent install, it doesn't

set that location as the location of the Home folder.  Instead it

creates a Home folder under Program Files, which is the installation

location.

Has anyone out there done this before successfully or have any ideas?

Thanks,

Norm