-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chris Cook
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 11:52 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: SLAs and TR values help.

**
Hi List -

ARS 6.0.1
SLA 5.5
HelpDesk 5.5

This is my first foray into the deep dark secrets of the SLA module, and
I'm stumped. the SLA I'm attempting to create is against the
HPD:HelpDesk form.

I have a request to setup a response time SLA. The SLA starts when a
request is assigned to an individual ('Status' = "Assigned"), and stops
when it is recieved by that individual ('Status' >= "Work In Progress").
A new SLA need to be measured everytime the request is reassigned
('TR.Status' = "Assigned" OR 'TR.Assignee' != $NULL$). As the SLA
progresses I need to perform Notification and Set Value milestone
actions.

I've been able to create a SLA without using TR values that is measured
"one time only" that performs exactly how I need, except that it only
attaches/measures the first time it meets the qualification. This is as
I expected.

When I use "multiple times based on qualifications" the SLA attaches and
measures how I need, except milestone actions will never fire, due to
the fact that I need TR values specified in the Attach criteria and the
TR value is appended to the qualification of the filter that performs
milestone. If I remove the TR values, SLAs attach at an increasing rate
every time the request is modified.

The SLA we're trying to measure doesn't seem to me to be out of the
norm. Which leads me to believe I've missed something, or my logic isn't
quite right. I have some ideas how to get around this by
modifying/creating my own workflow, but like to avoid this as we have
this fancy SLA module that is supposed to do it for us.

Qualifications used in SLA:
Terms and Conditions: 'TR.Status' = "Assigned" AND 'Priority' = "Urgent"

Start Measuring When: ('Status' = "Assigned" AND 'TR.Assigned To
Individual+' != $\NULL$) OR ('TR.Status' = "Assigned")

Stop Measuring When: 'Status' >= "Work In Progress"

Milestone Execute If: 'Status' = "Assigned"

Qualification built into Filter: ( 'TR.Status' = "Assigned") AND (
'Priority' = "Urgent") AND ($DATE$ >= "3/26/2007 12:00:00 AM") AND (
'Status' = "Assigned") AND ( 'SLA_TADOccurred_tmp' =
"AG0050569234FCvCgIRg043BAgUQAA" )

Christopher Cook
Applications Analyst
Payment Systems

625 Fourth Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55415-1665
Direct: 612-340-4342
Toll-free: 800-847-4836, ext. 34342
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This message contains confidential information intended only for the
above addressees and may contain information that is proprietary or
legally privileged. If you received this message in error, please notify
us and delete the original message. You must obtain permission from
Thrivent Financial to use its logo on all materials. Failure to do so
could result in legal action. __20060125_______________________This
posting was submitted with HTML in it___