The license issued by BMC to a server are server dependent,if you have different server we required different license for each server if the expiry of particular server is valid then we can purge this license to BMC and have new machine license till the valid period For more information on purging of license you can search on the support site also have a look on the link given below

http://www.bmc.com/USA/Support/attachments/BMC_License_Purge_Agreement-323B99C5.pdf

Thanks & Regards,
Archana

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

www.vyomlabs.com
Consulting | Oursourcing | Training || BMC Remedy BSM | ITIL | IT Governance

Ivan Runions wrote:
My question is on site licenses vs server licenses.

The licensing tool basically enforces this, because User Fixed licenses come up as being valid for a site, whereas User Float licenses come up as being valid for a server.

My question is on the Application license (not the Application Fixed/Float license). The license tool accepts the Incident & Problem Application license as being valid for a site, however my Sales Rep is saying we need to purchase additional development copies for our Test and QA servers.

Can I get opinions, or better yet, facts? on this?

-ivan-